Indira Gandhi Airport. Credit: Finn stock/Shutterstock
GMR Airports Infrastructure to merge with GAL
GMR Airports Infrastructure Limited (GIL) is set to merge with unlisted GMR Airports Ltd (GAL), its joint venture with Aéroports de Paris (Groupe ADP), in the first half of next year.
The agreement has secured approval from the boards of GIL and French airport operator Groupe ADP, which respectively have 51% and 49% holdings in GAL. Groupe ADP would hold a 45.7% stake in the merged entity.
CC&L Infrastructure targets stake in Bermuda Airport
Canadian investment firm Connor, Clark & Lunn Infrastructure (CC&L Infrastructure) is set to acquire Aecon Group‘s 49.9% stake in Bermuda Skyport in a $128.5m deal. Skyport is the concessionaire for LF Wade International Airport (Bermuda International Airport). The remaining 50.1% Skyport stake will be retained by Aecon, which will remain the majority owner and operator of Bermuda International Airport.
JetBlue and Shell Aviation sign new SAF Agreement
JetBlue and Shell Aviation have announced a new agreement to bring additional supplies of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Shell Aviation will commence delivery of the SAF to LAX in the first half of 2023. JetBlue is expected to take delivery of 10 million gallons of blended SAF at LAX over the next two years, with an option to purchase up to 5 million more gallons in the third year, either at LAX or at other airports in JetBlue’s network.
Canada approves WestJet takeover of Sunwing Airlines
The Canadian Government has given the go-ahead to WestJet Airlines‘ acquisition of Sunwing Airlines and Sunwing Vacations with terms and conditions. The decision was based on various factors to concede that the deal was in the public interest. These factors include service levels, social and economic implications, competition, as well as the financial health of the air transportation industry. The deal was announced in March 2022, though financial details were not shared.